2018 Yamaha WR450F
Outlaw Motor Sports
PURE OFF‑ROAD PERFECTION.
Packed with "out‑of‑the‑box" off‑road features ‑‑ perfect for enduros and off‑road thrill seekers.
- Engine Type: 449cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 4 titanium valves
- Bore x Stroke: 97.0mm x 60.8mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.5:1
- Fuel Delivery: Keihin® fuel injection, 44mm
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: Wide-ratio constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: O-ring chain
- Suspension / Front: KYB® spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping; fully adjustable, 12.2-in wheel travel
- Suspension / Rear: KYB® single shock; fully adjustable, 12.5-in wheel travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic disc, 270mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic disc, 245mm
- Tires / Front: 80/100-21 Dunlop® MX3S
- Tires / Rear: 120/90-18 Dunlop® MX3S
- L x W x H: 85.2 in. x 32.5 in. x 50.4 in.
- Seat Height: 38.0 in.
- Wheelbase: 57.7 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 26.3 deg.
- Trail: 4.5 in.
- Ground Clearance: 12.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 2.0 gal.
- Wet Weight: 271 lb.
- Warranty: 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Innovative YZ450F-Based Engine Design: With a revolutionary rearward slanted, liquid- cooled, DOHC 4-stroke powerplant with four titanium valves based on the YZ450F™, a wide ratio five-speed transmission and WR- specific modifications—the WR450F™ is an “out-of-the-box" enduro machine. (California Green Sticker compliant with a forestry service-approved spark arrestor.)
- Electric Starter System: Main switch-free electrical system provides push-button electric starting convenience. Just push the starter button and go—no need to power on a main switch or insert a key.
- Bilateral Beam Aluminum Frame: The WR450F features a YZ-bred aluminum bilateral beam frame—engineered from castings, forgings and extrusions—with engine mounts optimized for chassis rigidity characteristics needed in enduro riding conditions.
- Industry Leading KYB® Suspension: Industry leading, fully adjustable YZ450F-based KYB® spring-type forks with speed-sensitive damping and KYB® shock delivers precise, best-in-class, fade-free handling.
- Enduro-Ready WR450F Features: WR450F-specific details include a wide-ratio five-speed transmission, temperature regulating radiator fan, an optimized clutch, sealed O-ring chain, enduro-specific tires with an 18-inch rear wheel, skid plate, and a standard side-stand. A bright headlight, LED taillight and a complete LCD enduro race computer are ready for long race days.
- 270mm Front Brake: 270mm front disc brake offers outstanding machine control and performance, with exceptional stopping power and controllability.
New for 2018 Features
- Racing-Derived Updates: For 2018, the WR450F receives a range of updates developed from the YZ450F and FX racing models, including a new side cover, tires and revised suspension tuning, featuring a new fork seal wiper for durable sealing in the toughest conditions.
- Enduro-Tuned YZ450F Power: YZ450F-style 449cc liquid-cooled DOHC four-stroke with four titanium valves and forward intake and rearward exhaust shares the YZ450F's piston and cam profiles, with WR450F-specific silencer and ECU tuning built for enduro racing.
- Advanced Fuel Injection: Fuel injection system delivers precise throttle response and smooth power delivery at all altitudes and temperatures, featuring a high- performance 44mm throttle body. The air filter is easily accessed without tools and is positioned high in front of the bike, away from dirt roost from the rear tire and further away from water and mud.
- Compact Engine Layout: Dry-sump lubrication system carries the oil reservoir inside the engine cases, for excellent mass centralization and no exposed oil lines that can be damaged.
- YZ-F-Derived Cooling System: Large-capacity YZ450F radiators provide maximum cooling efficiency with great strength, and come standard with a cooling fan for additional airflow under demanding race conditions.
- Enduro-Ready Wide Ratio Gearing: Wide-ratio five-speed transmission and enduro-spec multiplate clutch—ideal for the rigors of tight woods racing.
- Rear Positioned Exhaust Layout: Lightweight exhaust system maximizes engine power while centralizing the mass of the exhaust system, thanks to the innovative wrap-around design.
- California Green Sticker Compliant and Forestry Approved Muffler: An aluminum mechanical muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor keeps things light and doesn't require routine servicing.
- Electric Starter System: Electric starter provides effortless, convenient restarts, while a main switch-free electrical system makes starting and riding away even easier than before.
- Bilateral Beam Aluminum Frame: YZ450F-based frame offers a compact size while optimizing mass centralization. With its extensively tested assembly of aluminum forgings and extrusions complete with model-specific engine mounts, the WR450F frame retains legendary Yamaha handling and response.
- Compact and Lightweight Chassis: Compact YZ450F-based chassis provides a lightweight feeling with advanced suspension systems for plush and responsive performance for the most demanding rider.
- Legendary KYB® YZ450F Front Fork: Industry leading, fully adjustable YZ450F-based KYB® spring-type fork with speed-sensitive damping and Kashima Coat™ has been specifically tested and tuned for enduro racing and delivers precise, fade-free handling. Fork protectors provide excellent tube protection.
- WR450F Shock Tuning: The KYB® shock provides 12.5 inches of wheel travel with adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, rebound and spring preload—and features a large piggyback reservoir for excellent damping and fade resistance—all tuned especially for the WR450F.
- Large 270mm Front Brake: Large diameter 270mm front brake system is the same disc fitted to the YZ450F, for exceptional stopping power and braking control.
- Enduro-Specific Tires and Wheels: 18-inch enduro-specific rear wheel and tire provides added comfort on rough trails as well as reducing the possibility of pinch flats.
- Distance-Ready WR Ergonomics: YZ-family derived bodywork and seat look and feel excellent on long rides, with ultra-wide footpegs, four-position, rubber-mounted adjustable bar clamps and a tapered aluminum handlebar for great on- the-trail comfort.
- Real World Tough Features: All this, including: tool-less access air box, 18-inch rear wheel, plastic skid plate, tapered aluminum handlebars, wave-type brake rotors, electric start, on-the-fly clutch adjuster, O-ring chain and aluminum side stand. This machine is ready for tight trails, woods, or desert fun.
- Enduro Computer: Multi-mode enduro meter includes engine warning and fuel level warning lights. Standard mode displays speed, two trip meters and clock functions, while race mode features average speed, race time and trip functionality.
- Embedded Graphics: Yamaha's unique embedded graphics are built into the bodywork for extended durability, resisting both peeling and damage.
NOTES:Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals, and all of the action was shot on a closed course. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Avoid excessive speeds and never engage in stunt riding. Never ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner's Manual and the product warning labels before operation. Yamaha and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation encourage you to ride safely and respect the environment. For safety and training information, see your dealer or call the MSF at 800.446.9227.
- Engine Type
- 449cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 4 titanium valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 97.0mm x 60.8mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Keihin® fuel injection, 44mm
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Front Suspension
- KYB® spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping; fully adjustable, 12.2-in wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 270mm
- Front Tire
- 80/100-21 Dunlop® MX3S
- Rear Suspension
- KYB® single shock; fully adjustable, 12.5-in wheel travel
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 245mm
- Rear Tire
- 120/90-18 Dunlop® MX3S
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 271 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.0 gal.
- 57.7 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 12.8 in.
- Seat Height
- 38.0 in.
- 4.5 in.
- 26.3 deg.
- Wide-ratio constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- O-ring chain
- Team Yamaha Blue
- 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)