2016 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec
Stock Image: Hunter Green
Outlaw Motor Sports
- The all-new Wolverine R-Spec features an aggressive, compact look and is designed to be the most capable off-road recreation side-by-side. The Wolverine R-Spec offers the perfect blend of suspension, handling, drivetrain and chassis working together to give you the ability to traverse rough terrain with confidence and best-in-class comfort.
- Wolverine R-Spec features a class-leading 4-wheel independent suspension with KYB ultra-long-stroke nitrogen gas charged piggyback shocks that provide a very high quality damping feel, excellent bottoming resistance, and best-in-class adjustments to fit a wide range of riding styles, loads, and terrain.
- Comfort is maximized for both the driver and passenger with an automotive-style cab and driving position featuring all-new soft, supportive and secure high-back bucket seats, 3-point seat belts, an adjustable passenger handhold and dedicated floorboards that provide a comfortable and secure driving experience.
- The Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec is powered by Yamaha’s newest and most advanced 700-class engine ever with dual overhead cams and fuel injection. The 708cc engine's power character is optimized for smooth, linear, power delivery on the roughest, most technical terrain and open trails.
- Wolverine R-Spec features On-Command, the industry’s most capable four wheel drive system. With a simple twist of the dial riders choose 2-wheel drive, 4-wheel limited slip, or 4-wheel full differential lock, enabling the Wolverine R-Spec to claw its way through just about anything.
- Powered by a double overhead cam (DOHC), 4-valve, fuel-injected 708cc engine, the Wolverine R-Spec is tuned to optimize torque, power delivery and engine character to get through even the most challenging off-road terrain.
- Ultramatic® fully automatic transmission with high, low, reverse and neutral provides the industry’s most durable CVT transmission. The one-way sprag clutch produces the industry’s most natural-feeling all-wheel engine braking and eliminates “freewheeling” found in some competitive models. A centrifugal clutch maintains constant belt tension and eliminates slipping reducing belt wear and improving durability.
- On-Command® puts the driver in control of 2WD, 4WD or 4WD full diff lock with a conveniently mounted and easy to use dash-mounted dial.
- High-volume air intake optimizes power character for off-road situations and it is tucked under the hood to keep it out of the elements. The over-sized foam air-filter is reusable and accessible without tools.
- Gear, coolant, and engine oil drain holes have been designed into the full-length skid plates which make maintaining and servicing the Wolverine R-Spec very convenient.
- The front and rear of the chassis – approach and departure angles – are tapered on the sides and bottom of the vehicle to reduce potential contact on tight trails and in rough terrain. With an 81” wheelbase and 11.4” of ground clearance the Wolverine R-Spec is designed for best-in-class terrainability and the body design with the low hood gives drivers maximum visibility to navigate tight, technical trails and challenging terrain.
- The Wolverine R-Spec’s narrow chassis with class-exclusive full underbody skidplates lets it glide over many obstacles that might hold others back…and those skidplates are swept up more than two inches on each side to maximize clearance at the wheels.
- KYB fully adjustable piggyback shocks with 9.7” of travel in the front and 10.6” of travel out back deliver excellent suspension and rider comfort when hitting the trails. Adjustable settings include high and low--speed compression damping, rebound and preload adjustments.
- Front wide-arc A-arms and full-length skid plates maximize durability and terrainability and provides 11.4” of ground clearance. Flares on the frame protect the rear wheels from oncoming trees and rocks.
- Exclusive 26-inch Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 tires provide optimum traction, durability, comfort and steering precision.
- Large diameter front and rear wheel disc brakes provide unsurpassed stopping power with twin pistons for excellent, and predictable, overall brake feeling. Drilled rotors increase cooling and reduce noise plus the wet parking brake is completely sealed, so it’s protected from the elements and it’s virtually maintenance-free.
- Standard, heavy-duty 2-inch receiver-style hitch can tow up to 1500 pounds.
- Tough, rotomolded doors help keep mud, water and dirt on the trail where they belong.
- The tough, molded composite bed is rated to haul 300 pounds of gear, with a design that allows you to reposition the tailgate to handle different sized loads…and a 1” divider notch provides even more versatility. In the bed are six steel tie-down hooks to secure cargo.
- Bolstered high back seats provide great support and plush comfort, and they’re positioned for optimal visibility. The driver’s seat is 3-position adjustable.
- Class-leading legroom, and a tough, textured floor surface make it easy to find a comfortable position whether you’re driving or riding.
- Three-point seat belts, shoulder bolsters and an adjustable passenger handhold add to the secure comfortable feeling.
- A standard suntop offers additional protection from the elements.
- Digital instrument panel boasts multifunction LCD display with speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour meter, 4WD status, transmission position, clock and fuel gauge.
- Two cup holders, two center console storage bins, a dash-mounted glove box and under-seat storage provide maximum space for storing items in the cab.
- Standard 12V DC outlet in cab for powering accessories and personal items on the trail.
- Large, 9.7-gallon fuel tank allows for long rides.
- Yamaha accessories are available to enhance the ownership experience for the recreational rider, hunter and rancher.
- Proudly built Real World Tough and assembled in Newnan, GA, U.S.A.
- Engine Type: 708cc, 4 cycle Single, Liquid-cooled, DOHC
- Bore x Stroke: 103 mm x 85 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.1 110.1:1
- Fuel Delivery: Yamaha Fuel injection (YFI), 44mm
- Ignition: TCI (Transistor Controlled Ignition)
- Starting System: Electric
- Transmission: Yamaha Ultramatic V-Belt
- Drive Train: Ultramatic CVT, Shaft, On Command 2WD, 4WD with Diff-Lock
- Suspension / Rear: Independent Double Wishbone with Anti-Sway Bar, 10.6 in. of wheel travel
- Suspension / Front: Independent Double Wishbone, 9.7 in. of wheel travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual Hydraulic Disk
- Brakes / Rear: Dual Hydraulic Disk / Multi-Disk Wet Parking Brake
- Tires / Front: AT26 x 8-12, Steel Wheels
- Tires / Rear: AT26 x 10-12, Steel Wheels
- L x W x H: 116.9 in. x 60.6 in. x 74.2 in.
- Wheelbase: 81.3 in.
- Turning Radius: 181.1 in.
- Ground Clearance: 11.4 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 9.70 gal.
- Wet Weight: 1299 lb.
- Bed Capacity: 300 lb.
- Towing Capacity: 1500 lb.
- Warranty: 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)
NOTES:Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight. Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. Professional driver on closed course. Always protect the environment and wear your seat belt, helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Read the owner's manual and the product warning labels before operation.
- Engine Type
- 4 cycle Single, DOHC
- 708 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 103 mm x 85 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Yamaha Fuel injection (YFI), 44mm
- TCI (Transistor Controlled Ignition)
- Front Suspension
- Independent Double Wishbone
- Front Brakes
- Dual Hydraulic Disk
- Front Tire
- AT26 x 8-12, Steel Wheels
- Rear Suspension
- Independent Double Wishbone with Anti-Sway Bar
- Rear Brakes
- Dual Hydraulic Disk / Multi-Disk Wet Parking Brake
- Rear Tire
- AT26 x 10-12, Steel Wheels
- Dry Weight
- Wet Weight: 1299 lb.
- 81.3 in.
- Front Travel
- 9.7 in.
- Rear Travel
- 10.6 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 11.4 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 9.70 gal.
- Box Capacity
- 300 lb.
- Towing Capacity
- 1500 lb.
- Yamaha Ultramatic V-Belt
- Drive System
- Ultramatic CVT, Shaft, On Command 2WD, 4WD with Diff-Lock
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Hunter Green, Steel Blue
- 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)